Wednesday, July 11, 2007

iPhone as Bait....

I went to Pentagon City Mall today in the middle of a driving rain storm. I don't know if it was the rain or lunch time or some combination of both but the Apple Store was packed, I mean as packed as I've seen it, and I would guess 90% of the people were looking at the iPhone.

That got me wondering, how many of those people were Windows users? How many of the people who bought iPhones over the past 2 weeks were Windows users? Will those users become mac users in time? My guess is that's the point, get them in the store, sell them a nice phone, in a store with a pretty design, give them good customer service, and then down the road when it comes time to buy a new computer they find themselves inside the very same Apple Store.

All hail Steve Jobs.


No comments: