Saturday, July 21, 2007

A New World.

I saw this report which got me thinking about the fact that my 2 sons, Owen & Asher, will probably never own a TV without a DVR of some kind. They will never know the pain of having to sit through commercials with no recourse.

That and the iPhone got me thinking about convergence. The iPhone is the best and latest example of that trend. In my phone, I can send it mails, watch movies, browse the web even work on documents (though currently that support is limited to web based apps). What's to stop TV makers from putting the tivo right into the TV? How far is it until you have your tv as your computer, phone (via bluetooth or something new), tivo?

It seems the obstacles to that future are more business related than technology related. It would take a company like Apple to make it happen.

No comments: